Given the recent change of my pace in my life, I’ve decided it would be cool to publish at least a weekly post with some brief highlights of my happenings and whereabouts that are cause-related or blogger-related.
Here are a few things (okay, more than a few things!) that have been taking place:
- I just published my third blog post on the Marquis Healthcare site yesterday. (Thanks, Alyson!) I addressed some issues that come up whenever I use my wheelchair in public. Feel free to check it out and comment on any thoughts you might have on the matter.
- My third blog post on the Latinos in Social Media site was published this morning. (Gracias, Elianne!) Check out my entry, which includes some important information on how to prevent strokes and stay heart-healthy. Again, feel free to contribute to the discussion by leaving a comment.
- Today, my good friend Christian Henríquez featured me on his online radio program, One Voice Radio. This was my second time on the show (check out the first!), and I was a guest along with Elizabeth Fernández, a former financial analyst who will soon be breaking into the non-profit sector with her own organization. Together we discussed the importance of having a father in the family, and the escalating issues affecting young people who have grown up without a dad. Since our 30-minute discussion only scratched the surface on this critical issue, there will most likely be a part-two of this episode coming up soon. I’ll keep you posted on my Facebook page and Twitter account!
- Next week, on the Marquis Healthcare blog, I will be writing about this Tuesday night’s episode of ABC’s “What Would You Do?” in which scenarios are staged and hidden cameras are used to demonstrate what everyday, average people do when faced with moral or ethical dilemmas. Tuesday’s episode is said to be featuring a young woman with spina bifida, so I will definitely be watching closely and then turning to the Marquis blog to discuss my take on the segment. Make sure to tune in on Tuesday, then visit the Marquis blog to sound off!
- Tonight, I will be attending the Valencia Foundation’s annual Donor Celebration as a guest! I have never attended this event, which honors the people who have donated money to scholarship funds for Valencia Community College (my first alma mater!), and make it possible for so many students to pursue their educational goals. I’ve been asked to participate as a speaker in a Q & A session with the college president, Dr. Sandy Shugart, whom I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in the past. It should be a fun, rewarding evening!
- Last, but not least, I wanted to mention that my last post on Holdin’ Out, has received nearly 7,000 views! Thanks so much for making this happen, and keep reading and sharing the link to my blog with everyone. When all is said and done, the mission of Holdin’ Out for a Hero has always been and will always be to raise public awareness of spina bifida. I couldn’t possibly do this without your generous support.
Stay tuned for next week’s updates!